The past few days' events

Saturday I ran the annual Beach to Bay relay marathon. I had to first ride my bike about 3mi to get to my starting point. I hadn't run in over a month and my 4.4mile run wore me out. Later that day we went to our friends' condo in Port A for fun and swimming. That was a great time. The next day my hips told me they were very sore and my hips don't lie. Yesterday a different Plumeria (hawaiian lei flower) tree began to bloom. It's a darker pink and yellow and is awesome to take in.
Earlier today 23 month old Claire made her first good poop on the potty
for me. It was a proud moment and she was fascinated by her work and how different it is not being squished in a diaper. Here she is marveling at it.
This afternoon brought a great and pleasant surprise. One of my best friends (Donnie) since 2nd grade showed up. We grilled trout h
e'd caught this weekend. Later we fished off the jetty until
midnight with no hits whatsoever. The water was rough and windy so we fished the lights in the canals in the neighborhood on the laguna side of the island until 2am. Trout followed my lure but again, no bites. Here's Donnie asking God why the fish had forsaken us tonight.
5 Comments:
why did you not run for a month??? are you insane? am impressed that you could even finish a 4.4 with that little practice.
love the poop.
ok, at first I was a little confused (imagine that!) and was thinking to myself "surely Kirby did NOT let preggo Sunny run beach to bay...and then yeah, I figured it out : ) And sorry the fish weren't biting for ya, but old friends showing up unexpected is always a good thing.
I love you babe! You take blogging to a different level.
Kirb, You're disgusting. But, "Way to go, Claire!"
Love your blog. It inspired me to start one too since I always seem to have a lot to say.
Janice
Post a Comment
<< Home