Father's Day 2006


Today was a great Father's Day for me. The church service was great for dads, then we ate mexican food. Later we went to the beach until sundown. It was great having my parents here for it and my sister Lynette and her family came to visit from Dallas (Houstonish with colder weather. Houston/Dallas make up the two hemispheres of what I call "CONCRETE WORLD"). Here's Lynette with Claire. 
Sunny with my niece April.
Below is my dad and myself. He swam out into the waves a good bit. I could relate to pastor Bil's observation that "When you have a good dad, you will ALWAYS want his approval." In this life I will never fully know the benefits I and my own children been given and disasters we've averted simply by having my father be the man he is for me; however, many examples are easy for me to see.

During Claire's bday party yesterday, my buds Daniel and Dave took my large Fresnel lens and burned tracks into my mailbox post (my suggestion). Daniel and I totally incinerated a seagull turd on my mailbox. While we didn't really WANT to inhale the charred bird-colon tobacco, the wind gave us no choice and we were surprised by it's pleasant cigar-like aroma...It was better than the hotdog we'd blackened earlier. I made more attempts to skim with last year's warped board. A few times it worked ok, one time it didn't. This is how wrists end up needing an orthopedic surgeon. As in last Monday's surf attempt..Claire faired better with coaching.

I took Gwen and Claire (4 and 2) up the dunes to see the sunset (and maybe snakes) and Sunny took these pics. In one I look like a lost alien requesting directions back to the mother ship (click to enlarge). In the other, we're stepping into the volcano to appease Molech (Leviticus 20:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus%2020:4-5;&version=74;). I'm just kidding!! :) I love these pics.

2 Comments:
those are some awesome pics! am definitely sorry i missed the burning bird poo moment.
I was trying to figure out where I had seen that guy before, and I finally figured it out! It's the FTD florist guy!
Post a Comment
<< Home