House Party for Kevin and Shaina
Our neighbors, Kev and Shaina, hosted a super-fun house party tonight. Many turned out for Kevin's grillmastery. He learned a new grilling technique from me called Crisis Management in which all manner of meats are piled on at once with the grill on high. Kevin has one big, hot grill. We both went off to get stuff and when Kev returned the chicken was on fire. It turned out great though and in no time probably 30 people were eating good fajitas and semi-charred wings.
I had two batches of homemade salsa turn out good. Shaina made a salad that Daniel called "...the best salad I've had in my whole life." 
Some of the kids stopped by our house to visit Skip the African desert tortoise. Here's Mason pretending to struggle to lift him. Mason is one fun dude. He's up for anything.


As the guests went home and the crowd dwindled, something drew the kids to Kevin and they hung on him at the couch for a long time. I hope he was wearing a cup. It's uncanny how small kids can repeatedly and unwittingly impact a man's future lineage. In the first pic you see his right hand reaching to protect his future family from Claire's imminent footfall. In the last pic Cole, Sophie, Claire, and Gwen play king of the mountain/Kevin. Thanks Kev and Shaina for a memorable evening!
I had two batches of homemade salsa turn out good. Shaina made a salad that Daniel called "...the best salad I've had in my whole life." 
Some of the kids stopped by our house to visit Skip the African desert tortoise. Here's Mason pretending to struggle to lift him. Mason is one fun dude. He's up for anything.


As the guests went home and the crowd dwindled, something drew the kids to Kevin and they hung on him at the couch for a long time. I hope he was wearing a cup. It's uncanny how small kids can repeatedly and unwittingly impact a man's future lineage. In the first pic you see his right hand reaching to protect his future family from Claire's imminent footfall. In the last pic Cole, Sophie, Claire, and Gwen play king of the mountain/Kevin. Thanks Kev and Shaina for a memorable evening!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home