Saturday, April 12, 2008

family outing

Today Sunny helped me understand that I should schuck all preconceptions of following a to-do list and just make it a family time afternoon. She needed a break from home routine badly. We tried the beach at 10a but a ridiculous 30mph north wind made the high tide surf the most disorganized and violent trash I've seen this year. To an off season out of shape guy (my present condition) even if surf was clean, getting separated from the board would be a drowning risk. We instead drove to Port Aransas for lunch, saw some spoonbills (freaky pink bird), and on returning to North Padre we used the 4x4 and cruised around lake Padre by the house. By late afternoon the wind died down and the kids played in the water (Claire pretended she was a dog). They later decided underwear was better than clothes. It was a great play day.






4 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Cool truck/jeep! This is where Skip always drug(oops, I mean took) us to when he wanted to do a little fishing with the family. The kids would play and I would read. We miss you guys, and when did Race become a little man? He is so big now.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Christina Ketchum said...

That is what I call FUN!!!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Mariah said...

Sunny's hat is HOT!

2:19 PM  
Blogger DA Wagners said...

What a great looking family!!! Race just seems so big in the pics, and I just saw him a few days ago!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home