Life in its fullest
Recent weeks have been full of family and friends during free time and not focusing on to-do lists. Today I don't have "post on blog" on a to-do list. It's something I want to do. That's how it's been lately in everything, even answering the phone.
This month, the triplex should be fully occupied (by 15th May) and we'll no longer bleed so much money.
Rumors abound at my hospital job that the ER management company I work for will be kicked out for contractual reasons. This doesn't stress me out in the least and I love that fact more than even I can realize. My part time job is great and is ready for me full time when I want, right here on the island, 5min from home. Job flexibility is a tremendous blessing.
Last week was Bu
cfish. Turned out to be a fundraising event for the island schools that let kids fish off the pier and ride ponies. Claire knocked Gwen's pole into the water and I luckily caught it with the hook of Claire's pole several minutes later, retrieving it from the laguna. They liked t
he pony rides and running in the saltwater.
Also last week I found a swingset on clearance at Walmart. I'm guessing it was because the
hardware included was for some other swingset as it didn't work. I spent 3 days collecting the correct nuts 'n bolts to assemble it. The bonus was the kids loved helping dad put it together.

We had close childhood friends visit this weekend. They have a new baby boy. Nothing else makes the unique sounds of a newborn. You recognize humanities unique niche in the created order of things. Don't wonder about material world origin when I use "created" to describe it. This universe
and whatever lies beyond couldn't be pure accident and you know it in your heart when you stop wondering what others think.
On the beach yesterday we found a large jellyfish like this just washing up. I picked it up and asked if the girls wanted to hold it. They decided it would be co
ol and took turns. I took it for granted they would know several things:
1. Hold only the top surface of the head in palm only.
2. Rinse hand in saltwater after holding.
3. Your little hands are much smaller so holding the head alone is too hard and you shouldn't try this.
Moments after holding it, the tentacles which hung over touching their wrists caused burning antbite-like whelps. They then rubbed their hands on their arms and thighs. Then literally began running around the beach screaming like their hair was on fire. It wasn't actually that bad but they fed off each other's panic. Lesson learned for kids and dad. Jellyfish could use a little more respect. Dad could use a little more forethought in having children handle stinging animals.
On more routine subjects... my mp3 player busted a switch. I disassembled it and repaired it with glue which clogged the switch anyway. So I bought a new one.
Tonight was a fun time at a baseball park for our friends' son's bday party. It was a great time with perfect weather. In 3 wks we celebrate our 8th anniversary by going to South Padre island without kids. The island part shouldn't be much different but the no kids will be like a new life.
Just me and Sunny? holy cow. I can't wait. She's so fun and I miss her and me together alone.
This month, the triplex should be fully occupied (by 15th May) and we'll no longer bleed so much money.
Rumors abound at my hospital job that the ER management company I work for will be kicked out for contractual reasons. This doesn't stress me out in the least and I love that fact more than even I can realize. My part time job is great and is ready for me full time when I want, right here on the island, 5min from home. Job flexibility is a tremendous blessing.
Last week was Bu
Also last week I found a swingset on clearance at Walmart. I'm guessing it was because the
We had close childhood friends visit this weekend. They have a new baby boy. Nothing else makes the unique sounds of a newborn. You recognize humanities unique niche in the created order of things. Don't wonder about material world origin when I use "created" to describe it. This universe
On the beach yesterday we found a large jellyfish like this just washing up. I picked it up and asked if the girls wanted to hold it. They decided it would be co
1. Hold only the top surface of the head in palm only.
2. Rinse hand in saltwater after holding.
3. Your little hands are much smaller so holding the head alone is too hard and you shouldn't try this.
Moments after holding it, the tentacles which hung over touching their wrists caused burning antbite-like whelps. They then rubbed their hands on their arms and thighs. Then literally began running around the beach screaming like their hair was on fire. It wasn't actually that bad but they fed off each other's panic. Lesson learned for kids and dad. Jellyfish could use a little more respect. Dad could use a little more forethought in having children handle stinging animals.
On more routine subjects... my mp3 player busted a switch. I disassembled it and repaired it with glue which clogged the switch anyway. So I bought a new one.
Tonight was a fun time at a baseball park for our friends' son's bday party. It was a great time with perfect weather. In 3 wks we celebrate our 8th anniversary by going to South Padre island without kids. The island part shouldn't be much different but the no kids will be like a new life.
Just me and Sunny? holy cow. I can't wait. She's so fun and I miss her and me together alone.
4 Comments:
I have so many things I would like to comment about but I can't stop laughing about the jelly fish fiasco! =D
Congrats on the triplex!
Jellyfish were our enemy today at the beach. First Seth and then Annie. We had a friend grab us some meat tenderizer, but the fun was ruined with Annie's hysterical whining. At least we had a good hour or so or playing before the jellyfish wreaked havoc.
Sorry to hear that the jellyfish "show and tell" didn't go so well. I recommend you stick with less hazardous activities with the kids, like dismantling old WWII hand grenades, cleaning your guns, and flaming sword juggling. Don't worry about it, Bro, you've still got my vote for Father o' the Year. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home