Sunday, January 07, 2007

Biking the seawall



It was a sunny afternoon so we took the girls to the seawall to ride their bikes. Claire amazed us with her determined pedal ferocity. We had to jog to keep up with her. There weren't many people on the beach and the moon rose early and nearly full.








There were 3 guys on parasails with small motor-rotor on them that did well in the wind. They cruised up and down the beach and sometimes went high enough that I'm sure they could see from the packery channel to the Laguna madre. They could take off and land at nearly a standstill. It's a good thing they weren't there trying to sell the things or I'd been tempted to $pend on 2 of them. Click a pic to see the scene better. Even bigger pics don't do the scene justice..they never do. It makes you wonder how big and marvelous a scene REALLY is when all you can view it with is your physical eyes.





A house down the street made a Santa standing at the helm of his sleighboat complete with reinfish leading the way. The water under the boat actually moved back and forth. Click the pic to see this creative and clever neighborhood artwork enlarged. Don't blow it off...do it now or eight friends will send you chain email to send to eight others and you'll be cursed if you delete them. I've been cursed beyond count for the same offense.

7 Comments:

Blogger Padre Reeds said...

Dude my post is great! Thanks for posting it so I can read it over and over!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crackin' me up over here. sunny looks fantastic. and i can't wait to take my kids ridin' on the seawall, too.

3:34 AM  
Blogger Drippin' Reeds said...

Go ahead and grab an extra parasail for me and I'll reimburse ya for it! Love the Santa decor - we have similar displays here in DS, only Santa's on a John Deere. And I'm glad to see Claire is joining the bike world! 2 more years and she and I can do a team biathlon!

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does your wife have to looks so dang good? All of a suden I'm feeling pressure.
Glad to see the Reeds are still having fun. You guys are inspring.
Gotta go hit the treadmill!!!

8:53 AM  
Blogger DA Wagners said...

I've seen first hand Claire on her bike, and she rocks at it. Isaac got on her bike for a second and decided it wasn't his cup of tea.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pic's. The parasail is awesome. Looks like you had fun on the sea wall. We often go there oursleves and walk. Love the christmas pic!

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If i went up on one of those motorized things it would probably be the last thing i would do. I will not trust a lawnmower engine with my life. That concrete walkway is really cool. Starting this weekend i am on a quest of getting back into shape. Let's go eat this week...Chinese?

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home