Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Jump!

Some friends moved to Mcallen today. More friends move to Kansas next week. Today we learned another moves his family pretty soon too. All of them are great people moving for great reasons. Moving is still stressful even for great reasons.
God has their lives completely under His ultimate care and all these friends believe this to be true. That faith calms the stress both for those leaving and those left. This song won't leave my mind this week (not VanHalen). It describes that moment when God says "Jump!!" from somewhere beyond
the cliff's edge...and you must do so without knowing the outcome. Friends, we love you and believe God waits proud and excited to catch you.


Desperate for changing, starving for truth
Closer where i Started, chasing after you

i'm falling even more in love with you
letting go of all i've held onto

i'm standing here until you make me move
i'm hanging by a moment here with you

forgetting all i'm lacking, completely incomplete
i'll take your invitation, you take all of me


i'm living for the only thing i know
i'm running and not quite sure where to go
and i don't know what i'm diving into
just hanging by a moment here with you

there's nothing else to lose, nothing left to find
there's nothing in the world that could change my mind
there is nothing else. there is nothing else.
I'm closer to where I started-chasing after you.





Here's the video "Hanging by a moment"

7 Comments:

Blogger Drippin' Reeds said...

Cool post. I've heard that song a million times and haven't given it much notice. Now I love it... :-)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

I love that song!!! What a great song to have going through your head. I think God wants our lives to have adventure and change even if we're scared and unsure how to go about it. I can't wait to share with you and Sunny all that God is about to do in All of our lives. Hang on, right?

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! I agree that God is waiting to catch the faithful. You are a great friend and I will miss you greatly. We must get together as much as possible. God Bless!

8:38 PM  
Blogger DA Wagners said...

Keep the blog going when you guys jump off of your cliff. Looking forward to reading about about the flight!!!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Mark S said...

I enjoy taking a minute to read the words to songs and getting the meaning. Thanks and keep following Him.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

What a beautiful post. I love that song. Doug and I have experienced jumping off the cliff when we moved here. Not knowing really what was in store for us. Well God really had plans for us here. Although I did not realize that when we were in the process of moving here. God has really opened my eyes here. Thank you for such a wonderful post. Hey did you ever get your book back? I am going to send that book to the solider I have adopted in Iraq.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Mariah said...

Wow, Kirby. Thanks. I needed that blog today as it's just now hitting me that I really have moved and this isn't just a vacation.

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home