Friday, August 01, 2008

Colorado, day 2

The next morning Scott drove us all up Mount Evans, apparently the highest paved road in America going up 14,000ft. We saw mountain goats on the way. Immediately out of the car I got light-headed. The view was amazing and we loved the change of scene.

Afterward they took us to Breckenridge which was a picturesque small town for lunch and a walkabout.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mariah said...

breathtaking!

5:44 AM  
Blogger velvet said...

We missl you guys so much. Our favorite quote from the visit is "number 16." Scott says it all the time!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful family vacation. I have never been to Colorado in the summer time, it is just as pretty as the winter time.

11:24 AM  
Blogger DA Wagners said...

I so love the background to all your pics. I love the pic of Sunny with her head in the clouds!!! The family pic rocks, though I wish Race was giving his big, cute smile!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Big time jealousy going on here. We haven't been to our favorite place on earth (Colorado)in TWO YEARS!!!

Looks beautiful and I can't believe all the mountain goats! Have you seen a bear? That's all Skip wants to know.

9:00 PM  
Blogger April said...

Looks like a great time. What are Scott and Velvet and Rana looking at in that last picture?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Sohl Gal said...

What great pictures, Kirby. I can only imagine the questions that ensued on your trip.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Christina Ketchum said...

Beautiful!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home