Thursday, October 12, 2006

Life's big Race








After several hours of labor and only a few minutes of hard pushing, Sunny brought Race Samuel Reed into Corpus Christi at 4:45p, on October 11th. He's a big boy, weighing 9 pounds, 4 ounces at birth. This is especially amazing when you realize Sunny didn't have any drugs at all and just took it full-strength. I was lucky to catch that moment of relief and joy a birthing mother feels when the work is well done and the 'race' is won. Race is taking the breast like a champ, has opened both eyes, and his beat-up birth face is nearly gone today. Sunny feels so much better not being pregnant. What a difference a day makes!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMAZING! Thanks for putting this up so quickly, Kirb. Congratulations on your baby boy. What a blessing. We love you guys, and I'm so anxious to meet baby Race. You have an amazing woman. I know I don't have to tell you that, but I love that girl.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Mariah said...

stop making me cry already! so sweet.

3:19 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

congratulations!!!! we're so happy for you! yeah for not being pregnant anymore!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Sunny Day Tag Girl said...

Yeah!!!!! I knew it was a boy!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! Thanks for the great pictures!!!!!! What a beautiful picture of your children!!!! GOD is GOOD!!!!!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

What a boy! Congratulations on the delivery of such a big healthy boy. Can't wait to see all of you. God is AMAZING in His Grace to all of us! You did a good job, Sunny! That's a beautiful smile you're giving Race. Good camera and web work, Kirb.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

That's a beautiful smile you're giving to Race, Sunny, and amazing camera and website work, Kirb! Can't wait until we see all of you. Congratulations to the whole family!
Good job, cuz

7:03 PM  
Blogger Sunny Day Tag Girl said...

ok I'm back...Chris is jealous because you got to name him after a Johnny Quest character.

10:00 PM  
Blogger crissyjane said...

crying over here too. can't wait to see you guys!

6:59 AM  
Blogger DA Wagners said...

Race is sooo handsome! I am so thrilled that you'll have the joys of a baby boy to go along with the blessings of girls! Your family will be filled to the brim with happiness.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

What beautiful pictures! Those girls are going to have the best time babying that little boy!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home