Sunday, June 17, 2007

My pops is tops



My dad is rad. My pops is tops. From a small plane in Kansas, he dusted crops. In the 1950s, he moved to Texas. He's a loyal man and has no "Ex's". His children number five and he's still fully alive. His patience and wisdom always ample..he set God's example. His life is simple and he lives the principle..that knowing God means knowing you. Follow this path and you'll know, too.

My dad has spent the bulk of his life finding the best way to show people that they are significant and that God loves them. He has done this in his city, country, and around the world. This constitutes his purpose, pain, and greatest joy.

Today I want to acknowledge one of the greatest men I will ever know and am thankful to call him my father. Thank you Samuel Courtney Reed for your love, whistle, laughter, discipline, example, and unconditional love. Because of you I have something to offer my own children. May God grant me the grace to be even half the man you are.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina Ketchum said...

That was an AWESOME blog entry for your dad. I started getting teary-eyed at the last paragraph. Your dad sounds like a wonderful man!!! No wonder you turned out so good, odd, but good.

:-) Christina

8:47 AM  
Blogger Drippin' Reeds said...

Show off...I felt pretty good about the shirt I got him for Father's Day til I read your blog dedication to him. I ask him, though, and he says I'm still his favorite.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home