
Meet "Sly" the shrimp eel. Last month I was fishing pre-dawn with some buddies when a guy down the pier caught Sly on his hook. I held Sly while the guy pulled the hook....or Sly held me...he had an incredibly strong grip on my forearm. I left him on the pier and told the guy "I'll be right back to get him".

I returned 30 seconds later and the dude was trying to cut Sly's head off with a knife. Why? who knows. I stopped him literally with the blade on his neck. It took over a week for the gash behind his head to heal. I'm happy to say he's adjusted to tank life and eats shrimp when I bring them from the bait shop about once a week. He hits them like a snake. Last night my childhood buddy David caught a smaller one and now they co-habitate the tank. They share the area with a spider crab caught the same night as Sly, who catches the shrimp hiding under sand like a bear trap from above them.
3 Comments:
GROSS! YUCK! DISGUSTING! NASTY! SICK! BLAH! WHY?!?!?!?!
I have to agree with Crissy. Yuck! Why would you want that in your house?! I'd rather see pics of your cute kids.
I swear Sunny has a special place in heaven for her. She is a woman of strength for sure.
Post a Comment
<< Home