Tuesday, October 02, 2007

As I work...the antics abound at home


It's been so long since my last entry I nearly forgot how to do this. Any free hours are spent renovating the house seen in the previous post. Perhaps some before after housepics will be in order. After 2 weeks of nail pulling, sanding, and other achy-breaky backwork I finally put the first coat of floor finish on today. With a serious look and eyebrows raised Gwen said "Are you going to paint the outside? You ought to, you know, because it looks...well...lame." that's a word for word quote from my 5 year old.

While I've been gone so much there apparently has been a lot of shinanigans at home because when I plugged in the camera I found these pics. I took the beach ones, Sunny the rest. Please note that while Gwen is in most goof shots doing goof things, she's usually jumping in to what Claire is already doing to entertain herself. Claire will require patience and energy direction as a teen as she sees no limitations or boundaries on what's possible or funny...think of an innocent Jenny McCarthy.

Sunny said she while cleaning the house she looked in the backyard to see all the kids in the old Honduras hammock.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christina Ketchum said...

An innocent Jenny McCarthy! That’s just funny stuff Kirby!!!! What a great analogy!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Everytime I come by this site there are cuter pictures of the kids. Clare is a hoot! Our middle child is definitely the comedian too!

9:03 PM  
Blogger velvet said...

I could hear Sunny's voice saying your word for word quote from Gwen as I read it. She says that's you, but we know the truth!

Praying for you.

6:20 PM  
Blogger DA Wagners said...

Shinanigans . . . I like that word and that is exactly what your blondies were up to! I love those pics; it seems like Claire just became a little girl overnight.

7:29 PM  
Blogger April said...

Where are some pics of the house?? We want to see proof that you're actually out there working! Great hammock pic!!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home