Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A great wedding


We recently attended the wedding of one of my close friends. Like most all my childhood friends, we've kept up pretty well over the years. I met Casey in 3rd or 4th grade at Sunset Valley elementary in south Austin when it was outside city limits, deer and scorpions were abundant, and we watched horses being exercised outside classroom windows. Now there's strip malls and new cars in their stead.

Casey and his cousin Jeff are the 1st generation from polish immigrants. Their fathers came to America as youth. They are some of the most gracious and open people I know.

The wedding was on a farm outside Kosse, TX between Waco and Dallas. Most guests camped in the fields near the house. The ceremony occured just before sunset outside the home and was followed by a great candlelight dinner and dancing (on a floor the groom had just built). Later that evening there was a large campfire and Casey carried his beautiful bride Patty across the tent threshold. The next morning they served us all a great breakfast. It was one of the best weekends Sunny & I've had in a long time and a sorely needed getaway. Thanks to these host families for such a beautiful and fantastic lifetime event. May God himself honor and bless the families and the new couple as they dedicate themselves to each other!



5 Comments:

Blogger DA Wagners said...

How fun! Great pics. Wish you had posted some video of you and Sunny dancing, although the pic gives me a tiny visual for my imagination!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Christina Ketchum said...

I have never been to a wedding like that. Sounds fun! I can't get over how much I like Sunny's hair (I know that has nothing to do with this post)! Love the last pic!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

What a unique wedding! Looks like a tons of fun.

7:01 AM  
Blogger The Tooley Times said...

I wanna go camping!

8:04 AM  
Blogger velvet said...

Your friend kind of looks like you. Can't imagine having to change out of a big ol' wedding dress in a little tent. But now, I'm thinkin' there are lots of things I wouldn't want to do in a little tent on my wedding night. She must be a keeper!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home